While students don’t have to worry about waking up for that 8 a.m. class on Jan. 21 due to MLK Jr. day, other university offices and services still remain available throughout the day.
Classes are cancelled for all of Western Michigan University and will resume on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Several events have been scheduled to honor Martin Luther King Jr.
Listed below are Western Michigan University office and service closures and reduced hours for MLK Jr. Day:
- The Admissions office is closed Monday, Jan. 21.
- Bernhard Center and Bronco Mall hours are available on the Bernhard Center website. Most building services and mall stores will be closed Monday, Jan. 21. Exceptions include Subway, Santorini Island Grill and Biggby, which will be open for their regular hours of operation.
- Bernhard Center computer lab will continue normal 24-hour operation Monday, Jan. 21.
- University Computer Center lab will be closed Monday, Jan. 21.
- The Mobile Help Desk will be closed Sunday and Monday, Jan. 20-21.
- Sindecuse Health Center and its pharmacy will be closed Monday, Jan. 21. When the Sindecuse Health Center is closed, medical emergencies should be referred to local hospitals or other health-care providers.
- Student Recreation Center is open reduced hours, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday, Jan. 21, and there will be no open swim hours or aerobic classes.
- Unified Clinics is closed Monday, Jan. 21.
- Waldo Library is open reduced hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, Jan. 21.