Want to participate in this week’s Black Friday festivities without waking up at 3 a.m. or being stampeded by the rambunctious Best Buy crowds? Miller Auditorium has the answer.
Keeping with a years-old tradition, the campus performing arts center will offer many of the remaining shows on their 2012-13 season at discounted prices. The model follows a date-night mentality, with packages for each show selling at two tickets for $20, two for $30, two for $40 or two for $55, with 200 discount tickets available for each show time.
Discount tickets will be on sale from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Miller Auditorium box office and will be made available online (www.millerauditorium.com) or via phone (269-387-2300 or 800-228-9858) an hour later. According to a recent press release, the sale will continue until 3 p.m. or “when ticket inventory is exhausted”—whichever happens first.
While the Black Friday sale does not encompass some of the biggest events on the Miller horizon, including this spring’s return production of “Wicked” or February’s just-announced Matchbox Twenty concert, students and community members should be able to save money on many high profile events, from February’s 35th Annual Gold Company Miller Show to this spring’s touring productions of Broadway smashes like “Les Miserables” and “American Idiot.”
Applicable shows, additional information and ticket quantity disclaimers are listed below:
Two for $20 tickets (quantities limited to 200 total tickets per show):
- “Step Afrika!”: Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Handel’s “Messiah”: Sunday, Dec. 2 at 3 p.m.
- Gold Company 35th Anniversary Spectacular: Saturday, Feb. 9 at 2 & 8 p.m.
- Wild Kingdom’s Peter Gros: Sunday, March 24 at 3 p.m.
Two for $30 tickets (quantities limited to 200 total tickets per show):
- A Tribute to Doo Wop featuring Cornell Gunter’s Coasters, Bobby Hendricks Drifters and Larry Marshak’s Tribute to the Platters: Friday, March 8 at 8 p.m.
Two for $40 tickets (quantities limited to 200 total tickets per show):
- Kathleen Madigan: Friday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m.
Two for $55 tickets (quantities limited to 200 total tickets per show unless otherwise noted):
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis: Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- “The Nutcracker”: Saturday, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 9 at 3 p.m.
- “Les Misérables”: Valid on Zone 2 and 3 seats from Tuesday, January 29 through Thursday, January 31. This offer also applies to the Friday, Feb. 1st 2 p.m. performance.
- “RAIN: A Tribute to the Beatles”: Friday, Feb. 22 at 8 p.m. Valid on Zone 2 and 3 seats.
- “Hair”: Tuesday & Wednesday, Feb. 26 & 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- “American Idiot”: Tuesday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. Valid on Zone 2 seats.
- Celtic Woman: Friday, April 5 at 8 p.m. Offer valid on Zone 2 sets and available for 100 total tickets.